Being honest –
This was totally a throw together salad.
There is nothing about this that is special or unique.
In fact, I am posting it because YOU CAN DO THIS TOO.
You can open your fridge, pull out some produce (and then some more produce) and throw together a salad worth serving to your friends.
This was a simple and vibrant side dish to go with my tortilla soup. However, this could easily, be used as a base for an epic meal-worthy salad. Add a few more vegetables, top this with some avocado and your choice of protein.
I hope you will love this dish! It is great for
A Simple Salad
Making ahead and storing for that week’s meal prep — as long as you pick hearty slaw
Being a basic recipe you can adjust based on what you have on hand
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #eternalhostess on Instagram.
- package broccoli or cabbage slaw
- 1/4 cup cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 red peppers (sliced)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1 orange (juiced)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- salt and pepper
- Combine orange juice, lime juice, greek yogurt, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix to combine
- Combine slaw, cilantro, red peppers and carrot in salad bowl.
- Top with dressing, mix and enjoy!
Could also be a hearty dinner for two topped with protein.