I am not kidding when I say that this lemon hummus is the only one you need. How many hummus recipes have we all tried? How many have left us wishing it was "more"?
With this recipe, you'll never be wishing your dip was more flavorful. This hummus is busting at the seams with flavor.
Most hummus recipes start out the same - garbanzo beans, tahini (sesame paste), garlic, lemon, cumin, olive oil, salt, pepper, etc. I feel like 9/10 times I wish it was more exciting, which is why I have amp'd up the seasoning on this recipe.
This lemon hummus requires just 9 ingredients! It's also a dump and blend, kinda of recipe. Seriously, any one can make it. Add some pita bread, crudité, or your favorite crackers and you have an appetizer people will rave about.
This recipe is as simple as dumping all the ingredients in the food processor, giving it a whirl and you are good to. The worst part is going to be cleaning up after yourself.
This recipe will make a hearty appetizer serving, but if you want to double the recipe and use the other half throughout the week, here are some of my favorite ways.
- Turn this into a salad dressing - 4 tablespoons hummus + 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar + 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread onto sandwiches instead of mayo or mustard.
I hope you LOVE this hummus! It's my favorite because it's:
Dump & go
A quick staple
& can be prepped ahead.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #eternalhostess on Instagram. Enjoy!
- 15 oz garbanzo beans (from a can -- drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice (I tend to use 6, but adjust to taste)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper (to taste)
- Using a food processor fitted with the blade attatchment, combine garbanzo beans, tahini, warm water, olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Blend until creamy. Scrape down the sides and blend an additional 1-2 times until all combined.
- Taste the hummus, and add additional lemon juice, garlic, ground cumin or salt as needed.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.