Say “Hello” to another easy side dish — basically just roasted frozen corn, but we season it to make Roasted Mexican Street Corn.
I don’t even remember when I started making this, but it is a top requested side dish or component to the taco bar.
I love this dish because it can be made with either frozen or canned corn. Yes — you can indeed make roasted frozen corn taste so good that everyone will rave about it.
Best part — This Roasted Mexican Street Corn is only 3-Ingredients!
How do you make Roasted Mexican Street Corn?
Preheat oven on broil setting. Using combine corn and salt and spread evenly on a sheet pan. Place sheet pan under the broiler with the rack on the highest notch for about 5 minutes, or until corn starts to brown on the edges. Remove pan from broiler and add the juice of half a lime. Toss to coat and serve warm
Can you make this dish ahead of time?
I’d suggest combining the corn + salt on a sheet pan and setting aside. Juice lime and set aside. Broil corn right before serving.
Can you freeze this street corn?
This won’t freeze well. However, you can keep a bag of frozen corn in your freezer and make this in just a couple minutes as a last-minute side dish.
Is this Street Corn a good dish for a crowd?
Yes! You can easily multiply this recipe to feed a very large group. Allow for more time under the broiler. Remove the corn every 5 minutes and stir corn. Cook until corn is starting to brown.
What should I serve with this street corn?
This is a perfect side dish or base for your next Mexican night, taco bar, or side dish with your burritos. Some specific ideas for you::
- Mix with salad greens as a base for taco salad
- Serve as a side dish with tacos or burritos
- Use instead of rice in your burritos
- Meal prep this for the week. Top with your favorite protein (Check out this carnitas recipe) for a complete lunch
- Make a burrito bowl with Mexican Rice, Beans, and top with your fav protein, salsa, and maybe some guacamole.
- Pair this with our Instant Pot Citrus Carnitas and Quick Mexican Slaw!
I hope you love this 3-Ingredient Street Corn. It’s:
Pantry or Freezer-Friendly
& A Fast Side Dish.
Trying to figure out what to serve with this roasted frozen corn? Check out our Mexican Black Beans (from a simple can of beans!), Mexican Rice and Slaw (Citrus Slaw or Spicy Mexican Slaw) recipes. All are made entirely out of pantry-staples.
Our Instant Pot Citrus Carnitas (oven instruction included) are our favorite protein to pair with this slaw.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #eternalhostess on Instagram. Enjoy!
- 15 oz corn (canned or frozen)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven on broil setting. Using combine corn and salt and spread evenly on a sheet pan.
- Place sheet pan under the broiler with the rack on the highest notch for about 5 minutes, or until corn starts to brown on the edges.
- Remove pan from broiler and add the juice of half a lime. Toss to coat and serve warm
- Sheet Pan
- Citrus Juicer