Baked hashbrowns might be the simplest recipe I ever post on here. There will likely be many recipes like this where I keep it basic. Having friends over doesn’t mean you have to get crazy in the kitchen, so let’s dive into the easiest way to make hashbrowns you’ll find on the internet.
A bag of frozen hashbrowns is something that I always keep in the freezer. In general, I love to cook up garlicky breakfast potatoes, but these baked hashbrowns are a perfect addition to brunch on a few occasions.
I need a better version of K.I.S.S – Keep it Simple, Stupid to use as a slogan for TEH — for recipes just like this one.
Anyone have any ideas?
Here we have some raw hash browns coated with olive oil, salt, and pepper – that you have tossed together on a sheet pan. You might have just found out that more people are coming to brunch than you thought (Just me?). So you reach in the freezer and pull out that bag of frozen hash browns you have hidden in the back. #freezerstaple
OR maybe you don’t feel like cooking brunch for a crowd is your strength. Which is totally fine. You can’t mess these up! It’s one of those simple dishes you will always have in your back pocket.
When I am in need of a simple brunch side dish – an easy to transport dish for weekend getaways (because all you have to do is bring 4 ingredients – a last minute side dish to stretch brunch for surprise guests, this recipe does the trick.
I don’t have any issue cleaning my baking sheets after this, but if you want to make cleanup even more of a breeze, line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
See how those edges are starting to crisp up? This is a great place to switch these hash browns over to broil and finish crisping up the top!
Looking to spice these up? Mix in half of a thinly sliced onion. Add a little paprika or make it spicy and sprinkle lightly with cayenne.
I hope you love these Baked Hashbrowns! They’re:
Easy to transport
& always a winning brunch side dish!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #eternalhostess on Instagram. Enjoy!
- 1 package frozen hashbrowns
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread a sheet of parchment paper over a baking sheet.
- Spread hashbrowns on the parchment lined baking sheet. Evenly coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix throughout the hashbrowns and spread all of them evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until edges and bottom are crispy
- Switch oven to broil. Place baking sheet on top rack under broiler for 5-10 minutes. Watch closely while broiling for a couple of minutes until desired level of browned and crispy is achieved. Remove and serve!