Roasted Carrot and Farro Salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
Hearty Salad that can be served either warm or cold. This dish is the ultimate comfort salad in my opinion when served warm since it is gives you filling mouth-fulls of grains and roasted veggies. This is the perfect side dish to serve when you have a vegetarian or vegan (leave the cheese on the side) friend over for dinner since it is hearty enough to be a meal for them.
- 4 carrots cut into thick slices
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup farro cooked to package directions
- 12 oz mixed greens
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Cook Farro to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, cut carrots into thick slices. Toss with 2 tsp of olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 20 minutes.
Combine all salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar. Shake or whisk to combine.
Layer mixed greens, farro, roasted carrots, and parmesan in a bowl. Toss with stone ground mustard vinaigrette right before serving.
-- VEGAN + DAIRY FREE --
--OTHER NOTES --
- Sub the honey for agave or just leave it out. Serve the cheese on the side and you've got any vegan friends easily covered!
- I buy farro at Trader Joes. It is in the rice/lentil section.
- Farro is NOT Gluten-Free. You would want to sub this out with lentils or quinoa to make this gluten-free.
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 284mg | Potassium: 493mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 11255IU | Vitamin C: 23.3mg | Calcium: 194mg | Iron: 2.1mg