Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 batch
A basic marinade to add into your rotation. This works for chicken, pork, beef, shrimp, tofu. You could even marinade vegetables in this before throwing them on the grill!
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pieces shallot roughly chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass white parts only roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tbsp oil avocado or olive oil
- ground pepper
- 1 pound chicken, pork, beef (if using tofu - 1 brick)
Combine garlic, shallots, lemongrass, fish sauce, and oil in a bowl or ziploc bag.
Place protein in the bowl or ziploc bag. Coat the protein evenly in the marinade. Seal container and marinate at least 2 hours, but up to 24 hours.
If using meat, remove 1 hour before cooking and allow to come to room temperature and cook to desired doneness
- If you are in a hurry, cut the meat into smaller slices, marinade for 1 hour and cook.
- If you prefer more of a "paste" consistency, blend all the ingredients and coat meat in paste.
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 4559mg | Potassium: 456mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 5.6mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 3.2mg